Coniston CE Primary School recently joined wth John Ruskin School to create The Fells Federation. This means that there is one over-arching governing body responsible for both schools. The governors bring a range of experience to help our School achieve its vision. Governors are volunteers but play an important role in ensuring the school provides the very best education for its pupils.
Role of the Governing Body :
• Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
• Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Fells Federation - Governor's Contact Details
There are three sub-committees that meet at least once a term. These committees carry out additional work which cannot be fitted into the meetings of the full governing body, e.g. policy reviews and decisions on staffing and premises.
Our sub-committees are:
• Resources Committee - JRS and CPS
• Curriculum and Standards- CPS
• Curriculum and Standards- JRS
Declaration of Interests
Governors are expected to declare any business interests which may conflict with the work they do on the governing body. None of our governors have a connection with a business which has dealings with the school.
If you have any queries regarding any of this information, or if you would like further information about our school governors, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk to the Governors, Mrs Charlotte Crisp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our school administrator (email@example.com ).